Monday, July 18, 2005

If I Believed in Reincarnation

In a Past Life...

You Were: A Mute Mathematician.

Where You Lived: Egypt.

How You Died: Decapitation.

Instead of decapitation, don't they mean division?

This information solves one mystery, but creates a number of others. Did they make the traditional offer of giving me a few last words, which I would have had to scratch out on papyrus because I was mute? Or did they just offer to let me solve a few last quadratic equations before the ax fell?

And why was I killed? Did I mess up the calculations on building the Sphinx, causing the nose to fall off? That would undoubtedly tick off the Pharoah and prompt an execution. Or was I just out joy riding on a fast camel when I had a head-on collision with a sword salesman on a souped-up water buffalo?

No comments: